Experiencing animals in Asia can be one of the most interesting parts of your travels. The animals you will encounter while traveling in Asia are often exotic: certainly different from the animals found in most visitor’s home countries. From elephants to street dogs, you’re bound to have at least a couple interesting animal encounters and experiences as you travel through Asia (and a few animal tales to take home as souvenirs). After living in the region collectively for more than four decades, Scott and Trevor have had some fun, at times unnerving, and often unique animal experiences in Asia, which they share on this week’s episode of Talk Travel Asia podcast: Animal Tales: Experiencing Animals in Asia.
Animal Tales Introduction:
In the introduction, Scott & Trevor discuss how this episode of Talk Travel Asia came about (an offshoot of ‘Episode 121: Monkey Tales) and then discuss their first ‘exotic’ animal experiences as visitors to Asia. Then, in no particular order they share some memorable Animal Tales from their many animal experiences living in Asia over twenty years each.
Visit PATREON TO DONATE TO THE SHOW. You can sponsor anywhere from $1/month upwards. These funds will help us cover the costs of keeping the show going. Thanks in advance for supporting the cost and helping keep the travel talk happening.
Listen to Episode 124- Animal Tales: Experiencing Animals in Asia to hear Scott and Trevor tell the following stories:
- The Jumping Cat Temple in Myanmar.
- Scott’s funny street dog stories from Thailand.
- Trevor’s experience dog sitting in Indonesia.
- The time Scott was whacked in the nuts by an elephant.
- When Trevor got sneezed on by an elephant.
- Elephant surfing? Trevor explains.
- Gibbons grabbing Scott’s friend hair.
- A flying lemur pees on Trevor in Borneo.
- Orangutans outside of Kuching, Malaysia
- Getting paid to ride a water buffalo: twice!
- Two stories about giant snakes on Koh Tao, Thailand.
- A snake in the streets of Bangkok.
- Why you should always check inside an Asian toilet before you sit down!
- Sea snakes and sea cucumbers!
- Leopard sharks off Phi Phi Island, Thailand!
- Monitor lizards.
- Baby chickens on a bus in Sumatra and pigs in a Chinese bedroom!
- Drinking rice whiskey from a giant jar full of snake chunks.
- The sacred duck story from Bali.
- And more!
Learn more about Scott & Trevor
- Follow Scott on Twitter: @scottcoates73
- Trevor’s Blog
- Scott’s Blog
- Groovy Map Seoul
- National Geographic Cambodia
- National Geographic Thailand
- Follow Talk Travel Asia on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Vine
- Theme Music by Jamie Ruben